Monday, January 14, 2013

Dreams




Does anyone put any stock in dreams?  I am not talking about aspirations for where you see yourself in five or ten years.  I am talking about those images that appear to you in your sleep.

I was speaking with someone the other day from my past.  Neither of us were close friends twenty years ago; we were acquaintances at best and each of us were pre-occupied with the activities in our own little worlds.  That being said, we had a rather meaningful dialogue, discussed the past and where we find ourselves now, and we each deal with reconciling how things have turned out.

I woke up the next morning with images and people from 20 years ago mingled with issues and matters of today.  Most times I can put the pieces together and say to myself, “that image was there because I thought of that at some point yesterday”.  But when the issues of today are thrown into the mix, I can’t help but wonder if my mind is putting familiar images together in a way to help me deal with those issues or matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment